Founder & CEO
Damian McKinney has over 35 years of experience in national commercial real estate brokerage and investment. Damian has been recognized as one of the nation’s preeminent corporate services advisors since 1979.
Damian represents Corporate America’s best interests working with decision makers to leverage real estate and proficiencies towards bottom-line savings. His understanding of the current economy and experience in multi-market real estate transactions allows Damian to be a fiduciary advocate on behalf of his clients.
Damian created McKinney Advisory Group’s model, a comprehensive real estate department, based on providing a client-focused and full-service approach. Relationships are also critical, Damian works personally with his clients, getting to know their vision for their company. Personally asking, “what keeps you up at night?” and “how can we create and enhance the value in your company?” he gets to know his clients on a personal level with a long term relationship goal.
McKinney began investing in real estate on behalf of his clients when they asked him to do for them personally as he did for their companies. Through representing his clients across the country he is able to identify value-add investments that work for tenants needs, avoiding potentially draining investments. Working in multiple markets and staying cutting edge in technology and asset management best practices are a key part of this success.
Tenant Representation (Full Service), Economic Development Incentives Procurement, Tenant Portfolio Administrator & Investment Sales Principal, Asset Management, Contract Negotiations
Select Value-Add Transactions
- Distribution Center, Fort Wayne, Indiana (1,000,000 SF)
- Distribution Center, Metro, Washington DC (660,000 SF)
- Five office building portfolio, Orange County, CA (220,000 SF)
- The Modern Honolulu, Honolulu, HI (353 Key hotel)
- The Wyland Waikiki Resort & Spa, Honolulu, HI (400 Key hotel)
- Airport Center, Honolulu, HI (110,000 SF office building)
- The Cannery at Iwilei, Honolulu, HI (100,000 SF office/industrial)
- Waikalua Bayside Estates, Honolulu, HI (20 home site development)
- Sand Island Industrial Building, Honolulu, HI (54,000 SF)
Nationally, Damian’s investment division has been involved in the acquisition of properties in Hawaii, California, Utah, Indiana, Ohio, Georgia, Texas, and Maryland that have a fair-market value in excess of $500 Million.
Professional Development Organizations
- Corporate Alliance – C4 Partner & Executive Member
- SAGE Executives – Member
- San Diego Chamber of Commerce — Member of CEO Roundtable
- SDMAC — Member
- The Modern Honolulu — Board Member
Causes and Nonprofit Involvement
- Academy of Our Lady of Peace — Board Member, Vice Chair
- All Kids Inc. — Founding Board Member
- Kids Included Together — Former Board President
- National Center for Fathering — Volunteer
- Long Beach YMCA — Supporter
- Mychals Learning Center — Supporter
- CoStar — Power Broker Award 2015
- SDBJ — Most Admired CEO — Finalist 2013 and 2016
- San Diego Daily Transcript ‘s Top Influential 2014
- Corporate Alliance — Carma Award 2014
- Center for Wealth and Legacy — Inspiration Award 2014
- BYU Management Society — N. Eldon Tanner Award, “Mr. Integrity” 2014
- B.A. Business Administration and Finance Emphasis, University of Southern California
Economics, Servant Leadership, History, Public Speaking, Family, Travel