Why is there such a concentrated presence of Aerospace companies in San Diego?
The San Diego region has two naval bases and a marine base that all rely on aerospace technology to ensure successful combat operations.
The San Diego Workforce Partnership projections indicate a “modest comeback” of the Aerospace industry, with emphasis on strengthened job creation in small companies. Tina Ngo Bartel, Director of Research at the San Diego Workforce Partnership, estimates there to be 10,000 available jobs, a conservative estimate based on analyzing 100 local aerospace employers and available job postings.
I am a member of the Aerospace Defense Forum, a global leadership community that provides opportunities to promote growth for the Aerospace & Defense industry. It is my hope that San Diego will create more training opportunities for veterans and millennials to encourage continued growth for the San Diego Aerospace industry.
Industry Highlights & Key Facts | Aerospace & The San Diego Region:
- San Diego is a world-renowned multi-sector R&D market
- San Diego has the largest concentration of military assets in the world
- Aerospace industry employs 33,000+ people in the San Diego region
- An estimated $7.6 billion brought into San Diego County from procurement contracts with the Department of Defense in 2015
- High industry average payroll within San Diego, at $81,799 (compared to $52,000 over all industries)
Some Key Aerospace Companies in the San Diego Region:
- Cubic Corporation
- Engility Corporation
- GKN Aerospace Chem-tronics Inc.
- General Atomics
- Kratos Defense & Security Solutions, Inc.
- Northrop Grumman
- Orbital ATK Systems
- UTC Aerospace Systems
- 3D Robotics
- Teledyne Corporation
Charlie Copelan is a corporate real estate advisor with 15 years of experience in corporate real estate, most specifically in transaction management, brokerage, systems development, and property management for large corporate clients and has a great deal of experience in many facets of real estate and all product types. Charlie has completed well over 1,000 transactions covering sites in 44 states and over 200 domestic and international markets. Contact Charlie for your tenant representation needs at: 858.519.3243, or email@example.com